What’s best about building your own gaming PC, you ask? Well, there’s a whole section about that down below but broadly speaking (which also is the most attractive reason), you save so much money! Assembling the whole gaming set up requires very basic tools (a screwdriver and lots of patience).
The reward for all that time you dedicate into it is that you get to pick and choose the best products for each part of the PC and give it that extra personal touch!
Best Prebuilt Gaming PC Under $400
PARTS LIST FOR BEST GAMING PC BUILD FOR $400
Below we have described the parts for the Best Gaming PC Build for $400, We have filtered these parts after so much of research study and our internal tests.
Parts For Best Gaming PC Build Under $400
This article talks about all the parts you will require for your very own gaming PC, all under $400! On average, you should aim for a budget of about $370-$430, depending upon the fluctuation of prices occurring on Amazon. This set up is a great place to start and get ready for the infinite upgrades you’re going to make! Too excited, let’s just begin. So let’s start talking about Best Gaming PC Build Under $400.
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Best in Class
- Clocked at 3.4Ghz, Can Be Boosted upto 3.45Ghz
- True Quad Core
- VR Ready CPU – Future Proof
- Large 10MB Cache
We highly urge you to start with the AMD Ryzen 3 1200 CPU as it is one of the best for this budget. Some of the highlighting features are:
- processor socket- AM4
- processor count= 4
- wattage= 65
- 3.4 GHz Precision Boost (up to 3.45 GHz with XFR)
- true quad-core
- unlocked (for overclocking) CPU architecture
- future proof and VR ready platform
- supported technologies are zen core architecture, amd sensemi technology, avx2, fma3
- maximum system memory speed= 2667 MHz
- large 10MB total cache
- base clock= 3.1 GHz
- PCIE graphics support- one x16, or two x8
- memory= DDR4
- dimensions= 1.60 in x 0.30 in x 1.60 in
- model= Core i9
The AMD Ryzen 3 1200 is equipped with the AMD Wraithe Stealth Cooler, which makes it all the more likable. This is surely one of the best CPUs you can find at this price.
You May Read About: Best Gaming PC Build under $800
Best Motherboard for Best Gaming PC Build For $400 – Gigabyte A320M
One of The Best.
- Specially for AMD Ryzen Series
- Dual Channel
- Realtek gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed internet accelerator software
What’s best about the Gigabyte A320M is that it supports AMD Ryzen (which is what we have chosen as our CPU) and also, the 7th Generation A series/Athlon processors, which is also a great option for this budget. Let’s look at some the features of the Gigabyte A320M:
- dual channel non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- super-fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe and SATA mode support
- high quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
- Realtek gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed internet accelerator software
- along with the AMD Ryzen and 7th Generation A series/Athlon, this one also supports AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation, Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics, Ryzen 1st Generation, and Athlon X-4 processors
- smart fan- 5 features, 5 temperature sensors, and 2 hybrid fan headers
- Gigabyte UEFI BIOS
- fast on-board storage with NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 110 mm M.2 (up to 32 GB/s)
- Gigabyte M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces* for M.2 SSD devices.
- High Definition Digital Outputs
- dimensions= 2.76 in x 0.79 in x 0.20 in
- 2 memory slots available
The feature that wins hearts when it comes to the Gigabyte A320M, is that it has the all new Gigabyte APP center, and is easy to use. With its micro ATX form factor, it is a great purchase.
Best GPU For The Price: XFX RX 560
XFX RX 560
Best Graphics for PC Build Under $400
- 4GB DDR5 Memory
- 7000MHz Memory Speed
- Full 1024 Stream Processors
The XFX RX 560 is a great product with its graphics processor being the AMD Ryzen RX 460. Some important features include:
- optimized for the most popular resolution on the market, the Radeon RX 560 graphics card powers through the latest AAA titles in 1080p
- featuring 4th Generation GCN architecture, the Radeon RX 560 graphics card provides exceptional DirectX 12 and Vulkan experiences with native asynchronous shader support
- the company has already factory overclocked the RX 560 at the BIOS level and also fine-tuned it for the optimal gaming experience
- state-of-the-art equipment and testing labs ensure that the card reaches its maximum performance level safely and optimally
- 3-year limited hardware warranty on manufacturing defects of anything on the card
- premium high dynamic range (HDR) vastly expands the range of colors and contrast ratios that can be shown by compatible displays
- as the title says, graphics card memory is 4 GB
- graphics RAM is GDDR5
- hardware interface- PCI-E x 16
- included components- graphics card, quick install guide, driver cd
- dimensions= 8.31 in x 1.57 in x 4.41 in
- memory bus width= 128 bits
- memory clock speed= 7000 MHz
Along with all this, you also get the option of upgrading to 7000MHz memory clock speed. This is the best fitting GPU in this budget.
RAM: Patriot VIPER 8GB: Best for Gaming PC Build Under $400
Patriot VIPER 8GB
SINGLE 8GB STICK
- Pure DDR4 Memory
- Compatible with Both Intel and AMD
This is a single stick kit, with one 8GB module. But is still has a memory clock speed of 3000MHz which is great. Some more amazing features of this are:
- capacity= DDR4 8GB single module
- base frequency= PC4-17000 (2133MHz)
- tested frequency profile 1= PC4-24000 (3000MHz)
- base timings= 15-15-15-36
- tested timings= 16-18-18-38
- tested on the latest Intel and AMD platforms, highly compatible
- all-aluminum heat shield featuring gunmetal grey sides with diamond-cut viper logo and black stop (so cool!)
- also available in dual kits (if that is something you are looking for, specifically)
- dimensions= 1.75 in x 5.34 in x 0.28 in
- XMP 2.0 support
- voltage= 1.35V
- backed by a limited lifetime warranty
The Patriot Viper 8GB modules is designed with both true performance and sleek style in mind, or so the company says. Our main reason behind recommending this product for your customised PC, along with its great performance, is its compatibility with almost all PC builds. This gives you a lot of room to create your dream gaming with the best components.
Storage: SSD PNY 240 GB: IDEAL FOR BUDGET GAMING BUILD
PNY 240 GB
BEST FOR PC BUILD UNDER $400
- 6.0 GB/s SATA Hardware Interface
- Read & Write Speed of Around 500MB/s
This is a 2.5 inches SSD with a SATA 6.0 GB/s hardware interface. It is compatible with all sorts of PCs and laptop, and when it comes to gaming experience, it is truly worth having. Trust us on this one. Some notable features are:
- upgrade your laptop or desktop computer and feel the difference with super-fast OS Boot times and application loads
- exceptional performance offering up to 535MB/s seq. Read and 500MB/s seq. Write speeds
- superior performance as compared to traditional hard drives (HDD)
- ultra-low power consumption
- faster boot up and quicker application launch
- cost effective HDD replacement for better overall performance
- ideal solution for solid state drive (SSD) upgrade from a hard disk drive (HDD)
- speeds of up to 550MB/s read and 515MB/write
- boot up, power down, and load applications in seconds
- with no moving parts and non-volatile NAND, the CS900 is 30 times more robust and less prone to failure than traditional hard drives (HDD)
- it can also withstand extreme environments, and retain data even when dropped
- the CS900 is the ideal solution for a hard drive replacement in both MAC and PC systems
- it has all the most amazing features at the greatest of price, very affordable
- interface: SATA III 6GB/s
- form factor: 2.5” Internal SSD
- max sequential read speed: 535 MB/s
- dimensions= 2.76 in x 3.94 in x 0.28 in
Building your own gaming PC is seeming to be rather exciting, isn’t it? A few more important components for our gaming PC to go, and then we just need to start assembling. Hold your horses till then, gamers!
Case: Zalman S5
MID TOWER CASE
- 120mm Zalman RGB Fan
- RGB LED strips on Front And Side
- Premium Tempered Glass
- Two Pre-Installed Fans
The Zalman S5 comes with one pre-installed fan of 120mm, all with a smoky acrylic side panel and a patterned mesh design. It is a classy-looking case with black color. Let’s see what makes it all the more likable:
- luxurious hairline front panel design and dual intake design with metal finish
- full acrylic windowed side-panel applied
- dual line front ventilation with metallic decoration
- top and bottom dust filter (smooth air circulation and protection the case from dust)
- Zalman’s optimized cooling solution (up to 8 fans can be installed)
- convenient interface (USB 3.0, 2.0, reset button)
- front radiator max 120 mm (VGA Card Max 330 mm)
- dimensions= 16.22 in x 7.44 in x 17.76 in
- 7 PCI slots
- additional top I/O are power, headphone and mic
- motherboard support= ATX/mATX/Mini-ITX
- maximum PSU length= 180 mm
- maximum CPU cooler height= 156 mm
- maximum VGA length= 330 mm
- on the right side, 2.5” SSD Max x2, 3.5” HDD Max x2/2.5” SSD Max x2
- support fans include (maximum 8) 120 mm x 3 in the front, 120 mm x 2 on the top, 120 mm x 1 in the rear side, and 120 mm x 2 on the bottom
- not too heavy with a weight of 4 kgs
- affordable edition
- radiator support
- removable dust filters, cable management options, front panel with side-ways facing air vents
The Zalman S5 is the perfect addition to your gaming PC especially one of these types, mainly because it is so elegant to look at! This will totally give your gaming PC that customized look.
PSU: SILVERSTONE 550 W – To Power Your PC
ATX POWER SUPPLY
- High efficiency with 80 PLUS Bronze certification
- 24/7 continuous power output with 40℃ operating temperature
- Silent running 120mm fan with 18 dBA
The SilverStone 550W is yet another 80 plus certified amazing PSU with flat-back cables. The technology is just stunning and gives you the satisfaction of investing this kind of money. Let’s look at some more features of this one:
- high efficiency with 80-plus Bronze certification
- 24/7 continuous power output with 40˚C operating temperature
- class-leading single +12V rail
- PCie 6 pin connectors support
- silent running 120 mm fan with 18 dBA
- all-black flat cables design for easy cable management
- dimensions= 5.91 in x 5.51 in x 3.39 in
- value for money performance
- CPU cable is much longer than standard ones which makes it easy to route behind motherboard without having to use a CPU cable extender
- comes with a warrantee
This is a great PSU, particularly the 550 W Bronze. It is fully equipped with industry grade protections including the OVP (over-voltage protection), OPP (over-power protection), UVP, SCP (short circuit protection), OTP, and OCP. This is definitely the one PSU to go for.
How To Build Your PC: Best Gaming PC Built For $400
Now that you have gathered all the necessary components for you set up, grab a screwdriver and let’s get down to business. Here comes the fun part!
Firstly, before you rip open all those boxes, make sure you have got enough space and all the required tools for the set up. You will need a #2 size screwdriver and tons of patience. You can forget the screwdriver for once, but not patience. In addition to this, ensure a static free surrounding, because static leads to screws getting lost. That is the last thing you want when you are trying to incorporate some patience.
Next, unpack all the boxes but keep in mind that you keep all the components near their respective boxes and for the smaller items, let them be in their original packaging. This will make it easier for you to find pieces as and when you need them.
The one thing you need to keep the handiest is the manual that comes with the motherboard. You’re going to have to refer to the motherboard’s manual quite a few times while putting your PC together.
WHY BUILD WHEN YOU CAN BUY PRE-ASSEMBLED?
That’s a great question, indeed. The primary reason, which a lot of new gamers think about is that it is much cheaper than getting pre-built gaming set up. Another trivial reason is that it gives you room to customize and personalize your gamer’s den with all of the best equipment there is. Let’s take a deeper look at this question, though.
The most important thing that building your own gaming PC provides us with is the ability to upgrade gradually. You can get the latest parts as and when they launch, as and when you want to instead of buying a whole new gaming set up every time there is one in the market. Let’s say there is a brand-new motherboard in the market and you don’t want to invest in upgrading other items just yet, get just that motherboard!
Budgeting also becomes very easy with building your own gaming PC, essentially because you can pick and choose the greatest deals and match your budget accordingly.
This gaming set up is just perfect for $400, and we have thoroughly given you enough space to upgrade and even overclock! Who doesn’t like overclocking?! Happy gaming J